All you need to know about PS4 Pro
Sony’s Play Station consoles played a vital role in the industry of gaming. PS2 which was released 16 years ago is the best selling console of all time.Recently PS3 also completed its 10 year anniversary. PS4 was first introduced on November 29th 2013 three years ago.It had a competitive edge against all the consoles released in that period.It handled 1080p resolution gaming which included the most demanding titles at locked 30 frames per second.Recently Sony introduced its new Virtual reality headset called PlayStation VR.It was a major step up by Sony focusing on the idea of future gaming. As the trend of 4k resolution screens is growing fast,Sony released a new console focusing on 4k and VR gaming called PS4 Pro.
In comparision with PS4 and PS4 slim,It looks very bulky compared to PS4 and PS4 Slim.On first impression it looks like two PS4 consoles are compressed into one another.It consists of normal ports for power cable hdmi,extra USB port and Ethernet cable.It has an inbuilt 1TB hard drive which is a step up from 500GB hard drive of original PS4.It also has support for SATA 3 drives which can be very handy for people who want to use their SSD instead of their regular 5400 rpm hard drive.It’s controller also has minor LED lighting adjustments compared to original Dual Shock 4 controller.Changes are also made in the LED’s of the PS4 Pro console. .For more detailed comparision the specs of PS4 and PS4 Pro are listed below.
- Main processor: Single-chip custom processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB
- Storage size:500GB, 1TB (for Japan only at present)
- External dimensions: Approximately 265 × 39 × 288mm
- Mass: Approximately 2.1kg
- BD/ DVD drive (read only): BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
- Input/ Output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen1) port × 2, AUX port × 1
- Networking: Ethernet（10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T）×, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wi-fi, Bluetooth v4.0
- Power: AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Max. 165W
- Operating Temperature: 5-degrees C – 35-degrees C
- AV output: HDMI out port (HDR output supported)
- Main processor: Custom-chip single Processor
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar,” 8 cores
- GPU: 4.20 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ based graphics engine
- Memory: GDDR5 8GB 1GB of VRAM
- Storage size: 1TB
- External dimensions: Approx. 295×55×327 mm (width × height × length) (excludes largest projection)
- Mass: Approx. 3.3 kg
- BD/DVD Drive: BD × 6 CAV, DVD × 8 CAV
- Input/Output: Super-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen.1) port × 3, AUX port × 1
- Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)×1, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
- Power: AC 100V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: Max. 310W
- Operating temp: 5ºC – 35ºC
- AV Output: HDMI out port (supports 4K/HDR) DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) port
In theory as mentioned by Sony,it’s CPU department is slightly powerful than PS4 and its GPU is almost twice as powerful as the original one.Obviously this raw power helps in inceasing the performance of 4k gaming on 4k TV’s or Monitors . PLAYSTATION VR can also be an easy play on this system.Temperatures are higher compared to original ps4 and ps4 slim is the coolest of all.It is recommended that this console is placed in an open system while using it.Noise is also another minor problem but for what its worth it is not at all deal breaker.
Many titles such as Battlefield 1,The Last of Us,Watch Dogs 2 can be played at native 4k resolution.The settings can also be tweaked regarding high framerates or more resolution.Most of the games can be played at native 4k or at 1440p for more graphic intensive games.
Originally,PS4 came out with a price tag of $399 but now it is at $299.With respect to that price the PS4 Pro is $100 more costlier i.e it comes in at $399 .At this price it is almost impossible to get a gaming PC which can compete with this system.
So it is a good opportunity for people who want to get into console as well as 4k gaming.